In the dynamic landscape of Thai startups in 2023, innovation knows no bounds. Thailand has nurtured numerous successful startups, some of which have already attained billion-dollar valuations. Whether you’re an aspiring entrepreneur seeking inspiration or simply intrigued by Thailand’s burgeoning startup scene, here’s a compilation of 11 remarkable startups born in the Land of Smiles.
1) Flash Express: Revolutionizing logistics and transportation, Flash Express offers seamless door-to-door pickup and delivery services. Founded in 2017 by Di Weijie and Komsan Lee, this startup hails from Bangkok and has attracted investments totaling $350 million from 10 backers, including Buer Capital, Gaorong Capital, and SCB 10X.
2) Pomelo Fashion: Elevating fashion with a unique flair, Pomelo Fashion is a contemporary clothing brand that commenced its journey in 2013. Founded by Casey Liang and David Jou, this Bangkok-based startup has garnered $83.6 million in funding from 18 investors, including 500 Startups, JD.com, and InnoVen Capital.
3) aCommerce: Enabling e-commerce brands with end-to-end solutions, aCommerce has been a game-changer since its inception in 2013. Founded by Paul Srivorakul and Peter Kopitz, this Bangkok-based startup has secured $118.8 million in funding from 16 investors, including MDI Ventures, CyberAgent Capital, and Kohlberg Kravis Roberts.
4) Omise: Simplifying online payments, Omise empowers businesses to securely accept payments over the internet. Founded in 2013 by Ezra Don Harinsut and Jun Hasegawa, this Bangkok-based fintech startup has raised $100.4 million from 21 investors, including Global Brain Corporation, East Ventures, and 500 Startups.
5) Eatigo: Reshaping dining experiences in Southeast Asia, Eatigo offers a web platform for online restaurant reservations. Launched in 2013 by Judy Tan, Michael Cluzel, Pumin Yuvacharuskul, and Siddhanta Kothari, this Bangkok startup has secured $25.5 million in funding, primarily from TripAdvisor.
6) FoodStory: From farm to table, FoodStory provides comprehensive restaurant management software. Founded in 2012 by Chawin Supawong and Thagoon Chartsutipol, this Bangkok-based startup has raised $1 million from three investors, including Wongnai, Beacon Venture Capital, and JWD Group.
7) Band Protocol: Bridging smart contracts with external data through decentralized cross-chain data oracles, Band Protocol is headquartered in Ban Khlong Tan, Samut Sakhon. Founded in 2017 by Paul Nattapatsiri, Soravis Srinawakoon, and Sorawit Suriyakarn, this startup has secured $7.85 million in funding from 10 investors, including Sequoia Capital India and Binance Labs.
8) AppMan: Leading insurtech in Thailand and beyond, AppMan enhances the sales experience for life insurance. Founded in 2011 by Amarit Franssen, Nuttapon Kongkitimanon, Pak Rattidham, and Thanapoom Chareonsiri, this Huai Khwang-based startup has raised THB 139 million in funding from five investors, including Krungsri Finnovate and Siam Alpha Equity.
9) Aviasales: Aviasales.ru is a travel platform that simplifies the search for airline tickets online. Founded in 2007 by Konstantin Kalinov, this Phuket-based startup has attracted $10 million in funding from iTech Capital.
10) Line Man: Line Man serves as an all-in-one personal assistant software, catering to various daily tasks. Launched in 2016, this startup operates from Phuket and has secured $110 million in funding from BRV Capital.
Thailand’s startup ecosystem continues to thrive, offering innovative solutions across various industries, from logistics to fashion and fintech to dining. These startups exemplify the entrepreneurial spirit that drives Thailand’s success on the global stage.