For parents in Singapore, securing a spot for their child in a preferred primary school can be a top priority. Apart from affiliations, one key factor that plays a crucial role in school registration is the proximity of your residence to the school. Living within a 2km radius of your desired primary school can significantly improve your chances of enrollment. In some cases, parents have gone to great lengths, including moving homes, to meet this criterion.
If you’re considering relocating closer to one of the top primary schools in Singapore, it’s essential to know which properties are available in the vicinity. We’ve compiled a list of 11 renowned primary schools in Singapore, along with nearby properties that can make your move worthwhile.
11 Top Primary Schools in Singapore:
1. Ai Tong School- Located in Bishan
2. Anglo-Chinese School (Junior) – Found in Newton/Novena
3. Anglo-Chinese School (Primary) – Situated in Bukit Timah
4. Catholic High School (Primary) – Nestled in Bishan
5. CHIJ St Nicholas Girls’ School (Primary) – Located in Ang Mo Kio
6. Nan Hua Primary School – Situated in Clementi
7. Nanyang Primary School – Found in Bukit Timah
8. Raffles Girls’ Primary School – Located in Bukit Timah
9. Rosyth School** – Situated in Serangoon
10. St Hilda’s Primary School – Found in Tampines
11. Tao Nan School – Located in Marine Parade
It’s worth noting that Anglo-Chinese School (Primary) will relocate to Tengah and become a co-ed school in 2030. Following this move, the Barker Road campus will only accept male siblings of current students. This development is excellent news for young families considering the up-and-coming Tengah projects, as it offers the chance to secure a spot in one of the top schools in a non-mature estate.
Parents should also be aware of the Ministry of Education’s (MOE) home-school distance calculation. MOE determines the distance between your home and the primary school based on your family’s address for the past 30 months. If you’ve lived beyond a 2km radius of your preferred school during this period, your child will be eligible for Phase 2C (Supplementary) during the MOE P1 registration.